BluesPowR Radio[Read More...]
- Admirers and friends such as Bob Margolin, Victor Wainwright, North Mississippi Allstars, and Amy Helm gather in tribute to late Sean Costello on Don’t Pass Me By
- Hey, fellow travelers: make sure to catch the Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band’s new album The Traveler
- Earwig Music relays important part of Chicago music history through Cadillac Baby’s Bea & Baby Records: The Definitive Collection
- If you can’t make it down to Clapton’s Crossroads Guitar Festival, bring the festival to you, via pay-per-view online or TV!
- Pittsburgh band The Commonheart overcomes Pressure of sophomore album with terrific new release
TagsAlbert Castiglia B.B. King Billy Branch Billy Price Bob Corritore Bob Margolin Bob Stroger Buddy Guy Charlie Musselwhite Chesapeake Bay Blues Festival Derek Trucks Doyle Bramhall II Eric Clapton Gary Clark Jr. Gregg Allman James Cotton Jimmie Vaughan Joe Bonamassa Joe Louis Walker John Mayall Johnny Winter John Primer Jonn Del Toro Richardson Keb Mo Kenny Beedy Eyes Smith Kenny Wayne Shepherd Kim Wilson Lurrie Bell Mike Zito Monster Mike Welch Muddy Waters Mud Morganfield Nick Moss Robert Randolph Ronnie Earl Samantha Fish Shemekia Copeland Sugaray Rayford Sugar Ray & the Bluetones Taj Mahal Tedeschi Trucks Band Tom Hambridge Tommy Castro Walter Trout Willie Big Eyes Smith
Tag Archives: Billy Gibbons
If you can’t make it down to Clapton’s Crossroads Guitar Festival, bring the festival to you, via pay-per-view online or TV!
We’ve had the pleasure of attending and reporting back on three of Eric Clapton‘s four previous Crossroads Guitar Festivals: the inaugural festival in Dallas in 2004, its 2010 run in Chicago, and the most recent festival in 2013 at Madison Square Garden in … Continue reading
Keb’ Mo’, Bettye LaVette, Warren Haynes and others pay tribute to King of the Slide Guitar on Strange Angels: In Flight with Elmore James
Recently, we told you about a 100th birthday set celebrating blues singer and guitarist John Lee Hooker. While that extensive collection consisted of Hooker’s own recordings from throughout his career, this centennial tribute to blues slide guitarist extraordinaire Elmore James … Continue reading
Latest releases from daughters of the blues Shemekia Copeland, Zakiya Hooker help keep blues, fathers’ legacies alive
Anyone with even the slightest knowledge of blues history will be familiar with the names – and probably at least a few of the songs – of blues masters John Lee Hooker and Johnny Clyde Copeland. But with both bluesmen … Continue reading
We didn’t get the chance to see Buddy Guy when he was in town recently for the latest offering of the Pittsburgh Blues Festival, but we did read about the controversy that ensued, with the festival organizer ending up offering … Continue reading