BluesPowR Radio[Read More...]
- Admirers and friends such as Bob Margolin, Victor Wainwright, North Mississippi Allstars, and Amy Helm gather in tribute to late Sean Costello on Don’t Pass Me By
- Hey, fellow travelers: make sure to catch the Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band’s new album The Traveler
- Earwig Music relays important part of Chicago music history through Cadillac Baby’s Bea & Baby Records: The Definitive Collection
- If you can’t make it down to Clapton’s Crossroads Guitar Festival, bring the festival to you, via pay-per-view online or TV!
- Pittsburgh band The Commonheart overcomes Pressure of sophomore album with terrific new release
TagsAlbert Castiglia B.B. King Billy Branch Billy Price Bob Corritore Bob Margolin Bob Stroger Buddy Guy Charlie Musselwhite Chesapeake Bay Blues Festival Derek Trucks Doyle Bramhall II Eric Clapton Gary Clark Jr. Gregg Allman James Cotton Jimmie Vaughan Joe Bonamassa Joe Louis Walker John Mayall Johnny Winter John Primer Jonn Del Toro Richardson Keb Mo Kenny Beedy Eyes Smith Kenny Wayne Shepherd Kim Wilson Lurrie Bell Mike Zito Monster Mike Welch Muddy Waters Mud Morganfield Nick Moss Robert Randolph Ronnie Earl Samantha Fish Shemekia Copeland Sugaray Rayford Sugar Ray & the Bluetones Taj Mahal Tedeschi Trucks Band Tom Hambridge Tommy Castro Walter Trout Willie Big Eyes Smith
Tag Archives: Bonnie Raitt
If you can’t make it down to Clapton’s Crossroads Guitar Festival, bring the festival to you, via pay-per-view online or TV!
We’ve had the pleasure of attending and reporting back on three of Eric Clapton‘s four previous Crossroads Guitar Festivals: the inaugural festival in Dallas in 2004, its 2010 run in Chicago, and the most recent festival in 2013 at Madison Square Garden in … Continue reading
We’ve been fortunate to be able to tell you about several pretty terrific blues collaborations in recent weeks: first, a project reuniting guitarist John Primer and harmonica player Bob Corritore, and then a soulful recording from new friends Monster Mike … Continue reading
Buddy Guy, Mavis Staples, Jon Cleary snag blues, roots Grammys; Gary Clark Jr., Bonnie Raitt help pay tribute to B.B. King
It was a good night for the blues at Monday’s Grammy Awards, with Buddy Guy, Mavis Staples, and Jon Cleary taking home awards for best blues album (Born to Play Guitar), best American roots performance (“See That My Grave is … Continue reading
The Blues Foundation’s annual International Blues Challenge took place in Memphis over the weekend, with the Selwyn Birchwood Band capturing the top band honor as well as Birchwood also being recognized as the competition’s best guitarist. Here’s the band doing “I Got Loaded” at last summer’s White … Continue reading
It may not receive quite the same attention as an announcement from its rock counterpart, but the Blues Hall of Fame (managed by The Blues Foundation) this week announced its 2010 class of inductees, to be recognized during a May ceremony in Memphis. … Continue reading