Well, this might just be the real story behind “The Year Without a Santa Claus”: it looks like jolly ol’ Saint Nick may have left someone very important off his lists — someone very close to home (and we ain’t talking Rudolph, but be sure to remember your pets too on the holidays!) — in what you might call a major “snow pas”…
We couldn’t resist sharing one more new Christmas tune with you before the holiday, a Ray Charlesish track from young pianist and singer Ben Levin that combines some great crooning and playing from Levin with swinging horns and memorable lyrics like its chorus of “Oh man, don’t have a second to pause/ gave the whole world presents, and forgot Mrs. Claus”, as well as “I gotta’ find somethin’, even if I stole/ I need a gift to keep a happy North Pole” and “She want a diamond ring, not an Elf on the Shelf/ I got nothin’, I’m gonna’ spend Christmas by myself”.
Maybe Santa should have checked those lists a third time!
Here’s hoping your holiday — whatever and whenever it is you celebrate — is smoother and less stressful than Santa’s in this song, and the happiest it can be for you and yours!
BluesPowR Radio[Read More...]
- Tune into the Weekend: Mike Ross shakes on down a classic with debut single from new album
- Tune into the Weekend: Guitarists Johnny Burgin, Anson Funderburgh team for Valentine’s Day blues single
- Reprise Records takes us back out Riding with the King with expanded, remastered 20th anniversary edition of King/Clapton collaboration
- 11 Guys Quartet delivers big sound on Small Blues and Grooves
- Blues supergroup the Phantom Blues Band is Still Cookin’ with hot new album
TagsAlbert Castiglia B.B. King Billy Branch Billy Price Bobby Rush Bob Corritore Bob Margolin Bob Stroger Buddy Guy Charlie Musselwhite Chesapeake Bay Blues Festival Derek Trucks Doyle Bramhall II Eric Clapton Gary Clark Jr. Gregg Allman James Cotton Jimmie Vaughan Joe Bonamassa Joe Louis Walker John Mayall Johnny Winter John Primer Jonn Del Toro Richardson Keb Mo Kenny Beedy Eyes Smith Kenny Wayne Shepherd Kim Wilson Lurrie Bell Mike Zito Monster Mike Welch Muddy Waters Mud Morganfield Nick Moss Robert Randolph Ronnie Earl Samantha Fish Shemekia Copeland Sugaray Rayford Sugar Ray & the Bluetones Taj Mahal Tedeschi Trucks Band Tom Hambridge Tommy Castro Walter Trout