We know things have been pretty quiet around here as of late, but what better time than heading into a weekend to start to turn things around?! And those in any stage of a relationship will hopefully already have realized that this isn’t just any ordinary weekend, but one on which Valentine’s Day also happens to fall.
While we can’t really offer you any assistance in being prepared for the holiday, we can at least help get you in the mood for it with this just-released sweet slow blues track from guitarists Johnny Burgin and Anson Funderburgh, backed by the well-known Christian Dozzler on keys, Burgin’s touring partner Chris Matheos on bass, and Reo Casey on drums.
With its lyrics of love and captivating licks from both guitarists, this little gem from Delmark Records is bound to be the Cherry on Top of whatever plans you have — or don’t have — for the weekend. Enjoy!
BluesPowR Radio[Read More...]
- Latest Jazz Festing in Place offers classic performances from B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, Dr. John and more
- Tune into the Weekend: Canadian bluesman Steve Hill’s take on Robert Johnson classic Hellhound on My Trail
- Tune into the Weekend: Not just Dear America, but the Whole World’s Got the Blues on Eric Bibb’s latest album
- Remembering Mike Finnigan
- Tune into the Weekend: 2019 International Blues Challenge Solo Act Winner Jon Shain Airs “2020 Blues”
TagsAlbert Castiglia B.B. King Billy Branch Billy Price Bobby Rush Bob Corritore Bob Margolin Bob Stroger Buddy Guy Charlie Musselwhite Chesapeake Bay Blues Festival Derek Trucks Doyle Bramhall II Eric Clapton Gary Clark Jr. Gregg Allman James Cotton Jimmie Vaughan Joe Bonamassa Joe Louis Walker John Mayall Johnny Winter John Primer Jonn Del Toro Richardson Keb Mo Kenny Beedy Eyes Smith Kenny Wayne Shepherd Kim Wilson Lurrie Bell Mike Zito Monster Mike Welch Muddy Waters Mud Morganfield Nick Moss Robert Randolph Ronnie Earl Samantha Fish Shemekia Copeland Sugaray Rayford Sugar Ray & the Bluetones Taj Mahal Tedeschi Trucks Band Tom Hambridge Tommy Castro Walter Trout